Sunday 15 May 2011

Musing, thoughts and contemplation of the navel

I am taking a break from the 64 Question Blog Challenge.  Around 24 left to do which I could probably do in one hit so I thought for a change I would do something about me.. Yes I know the Blog challenge was about me but this is mainly how I am feeling.

Facebook
I have deactivated my account for a short period of time.  I will probably reactive once Who has completed its first segment but I was tired of people either slagging it off or posting spoilers everywhere I looked.  I want to enjoy the program as I always have, and get there in my own time.  It's nice to see people having an interest in our little program however, it really doesn't need to be ripped apart to the smallest atom and then reconstructed in 'fan terms'.

The other reason I came off Fartbook is sometimes I really don't see the point of it.  You update a status message with what you did for that day and someone comments back with 'ooooo'.  Well that's if they comment back at all, I could honestly say that I could whittle down my friends list to a good 6 or 7 and that would be the extent of people that comment or update my status.  Still thats the price to pay for leading the life of a hermit.. not always by choice I may add.  It is funny how some people don't actually message you unless they actually want something.  There can't be a lot needing doing.. It's been a quiet month!!

Life work Balance...Pah!!!
This really REALLY makes me laugh.  It seems to be a motto at work that you need to ensure your Work life and Personal life is well balanced.  In the words of a certain Grandmother..."What a load of old shit...!"  My personal life currently involves lying on the sofa, staring at the ceiling, without the TV or ITunes being on.  Just silence, dark and me.  I enjoy playing Xbox with people online and try to do this as much as I can as occasionally it is the only 'human contact' I have.  There have been weekends I haven't said anything to anyone all weekend, I can't actually speak on a Tuesday when I go back to work.. And people wonder why I am softly spoken.  Years of being told you're wrong backs up that theory ;-)
I have recently started going on Ghost hunts with one of my best friends and I absolutely adore this.  It is something that has always intrigued me and just the feeling of what is going to happen and if it does, what was it.  I could go on them everyday if I could but alas, it could be very costly subject.
I also used to 'well, twice' fill in for someone on a podcast.  This actually was an extremely happy time for me as they talked about a subject I knew about, and could give my views on.  It also gave a feeling of 'want' and being part of a family.  It was nice and had a warm fuzzy feel about it.  I know some people who still do said podcast would disagree.

So yes, bit of a whoa is me blog, but I don't care.  It's about me, this is how I feel.. If that offends you then I apologise but everyone is entitled to a bad day, week, month.  PolybloodyAnna I am not!!

2 comments:

  1. Two things; things of two:

    One: Which moby number am I meant to be using for you? I have two and I don't know which one to text you on!

    Two: (pron: twoah, which is like woe but with a t at the beginning) MOAR GOAT HUNTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you dumped Facebook. Excellent. Even if it only lasts a day, I'm pleased fir you.
    I don't like you having weekends wen you don't talk to anyone. Wish I was back down there, I miss hanging out.

    ReplyDelete

Oh leave a comment... Oh go on then :-)